Wednesday, January 18, 2006

January, spiritually speaking

If you're in Dallas, you might know that I'm not doing traffic for Kidd Kraddick in the Morning anymore. I'm still at Kiss FM doing various things and I have a few other job possibilities, but during this transition period I've noticed that my ability to blog and work on other writing projects has become limited. Darn it. I'm sure this transition period will end up being a time of accelerated growth and it might lead me to other opportunities that I hadn't thought of before, but for now it's preventing me from doing some of the things I really want to do. But God can work with that.

Not knowing exactly what the next few weeks will bring is causing me to take one day at a time, and that may be the very thing that God wants me to glean from this. I'm not a very patient person at times. This causes me to seek immediate answers, especially where jobs and income are concerned, and it results in a lot of needless worry and clutter in my life. Since this experience now requires so much patience and trust, I'm forced to let go of the worry and clutter and just know that God is not the least bit stressed about it. I've noticed that in doing so, I'm busier than I've been in months, and opportunities are popping up that I never would have considered otherwise.

It seems like every devotion I read now and every sermon within earshot talks about obedience and the promise of God's faithfulness and blessing when we follow the nudgings. So I'm trying to be obedient. I wish God would email me with detailed instructions about where to go next and how to assemble this new year, but so far I've only received emails from friends, family, and ebay. Nothing from God. But I will do my best to be obedient to the guidance I receive by faith.

January is an important month. My friend Will said in his blog (http://willatgrace.blogspot.com), speaking about the life of his church, "Now is the time when we set the momentum for the whole year. If, in January, we fail to make plans and help others embrace those plans, the momentum of the year just catches up with us and we have trouble making new things happen."

God is always working on new things and will bring them to life through us if we are attentive enough to allow it. Patience, trust, and obedience are necessary parts of that process. An email announcing these new things would be nice--even if it's spam--but since God doesn't like to echat I suppose prayer will have to do. And lots of it, so the rest of 2006 will have the spiritual momentum that it deserves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, just wanted to tell you that we miss hearing you on the radio each morning. I really enjoyed hearing you and Michael Blake chat before Kidd's show started. I think you're really interesting to listen to, and I hope you will get the email you're looking for very soon!! I also think you have so much more to say than just the traffic report, so I hope you'll keep that in mind as you continue your journey! Much luck and good energy and prayers coming your way!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home