Friday, December 02, 2005

O Holy Night

I heard Josh Groban's version of O Holy Night on the way home today and although I had heard it several times before, this time I became completely broken by it. I'm in a major transition period in my life right now, and although I know God is at work in it, the process is uncertain and uncomfortable. But there are plenty of signs of peace in the midst of it.

The tone of Josh Groban's voice is amazing, and when he sings the line "oh hear the angels' voices", it makes it seem as if he is one of them, trying to get a message directly to me. It's like God is saying, "Jen, hear them. No matter what you go through, the angels are still singing."

The things Josh Groban does to the word "noel"...well, it's beyond words. I'm a goner every time I hear it. I've attached the link to this blog title if you'd like to experience this Christmas carol for yourself, done perhaps better than anyone has ever done it before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, this has always been one of my favorite Christmas songs, although i've never heard Josh Groban's version of it before.

It's absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for sharing

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh Groban has brought me to tears a dozen times in the last 3 year. Love him. Jen, you'll be fine ... you're in my thoughts and prayers :-) Much love ...

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home