Friday, November 10, 2006

God cracks me up sometimes

God is so good! It's makes me chuckle when I see blatant evidence of it.

I got a call this morning at 9:15 from one of my bosses asking me to come in to work. I usually go in around 4:00, so I was just lounging at the house, drinking coffee, checking email, and thinking about going for a run. Needless to say, I hadn't showered yet and was not the least bit presentable.

I dropped everything, hopped in the shower, and was out the door 35 minutes later. I didn't have time to grab anything to eat, but I just said, "Well, God I know you'll come through for me." It's going to be a 10am-8pm kinda day, with no real opportunities to break for anything other than going to the bathroom. So I walked into the studio today at 10:15, and within 45 minutes, one of my co-workers walked in carrying a tray with a bagel, cream cheese, coffee, and fruit. This never happens to me! Sometimes there is food laying around in the break room, but it's never prepared and delivered straight to me, ya know? This co-worker was all smiles when she brought it to me too, like she had just had a talk with God and was carrying out the grand plan.

I wonder if I get hungry later this afternoon if I can order up some cheese pizza. Ha! Thanks God. I think God is smiling now too, saying, "See Jen...if I can take care of your most basic needs at the drop of a hat, why do you worry about anything at all?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home