Friday, August 04, 2006

Baseball, brats, and balance

Since I started my new job with Mix 102.9 in May, I've been working every other Saturday or so, sometimes with a two-hour promotional appearance first, and then a 3-7pm air shift. I love my job of course, but it's always nice to have weekends off.

Nothing scheduled this weekend, so Angela and I are going to make the most of it. We're gettin' silly! We love going to Rangers games and they're out of town this weekend, so we're going to make our living room into a ballpark. We're going to set up some faux stadium seats (don't ask me how, but Angela swears she will come up with something innovative). We're going to make brats or nachos or something else that won't cost $7 but serves the same ballparkish purpose, and we might ask the dogs to walk through the crowd (or lack thereof) to bring us a beer. Pure silliness I say. Well, it won't be all silliness. Angela is learning how to be an official baseball scorekeeper, complete with K's for strikeouts and FC for fielder's choice, so there will be some serious work to do. I may keep track of pitch count and batting average. We're insane! And I've never been happier. We're blessed to have the quality time. And perhaps this type of innovative play time means we're ready to become parents. I hope we have a sports fan.

Sunday my webmaster and her partner are coming to our house to finalize plans for the store that will be up on jenaustin.com in the next week or two. For some reason, the thought of having a store there scares me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the book being released soon (around Labor Day weekend), but with that comes a whole lot of responsibility and I don't want to do anything wrong with sales tax, etc. We have to set up the store and test it so it won't add sales tax to orders in Illinois, but it will add sales tax to orders in Texas, etc. I've been working on books for over four years, but the business part is new to me. But I know God has brought everything to this point, and although parts of the path are still unclear to me, I'm forging ahead knowing that clarity will follow. It always does.

Other things we're adding to jenaustin.com in the next few weeks: a new forum so ya all can take ownership and become part of the online community, a gameroom so you can kill time at work, and a new announcement section on the front page that will include my radio outings and charity appearances around Dallas-Fort Worth. So new things are coming. In the meantime I'm stressed! As this whole thing grows, I'm feeling increasingly naked and out of control. Which scares me even more, because that's evidence that God has me right where he wants me.

All the more reason to enjoy the baseball and brats this weekend! Thank God for outlets. And balance. Enjoy your weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home