Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grateful

I haven't been using this space much lately because I've been busy with the holidays, but I have to pop in today to give God some glory. God is just the coolest.

I came out on the radio a few years ago, and the book and website followed. I knew that God could use me to shine some light in the gay community, so everything I do is with that in mind. But it's a tad scary at times. I've received my share of negative backlash, and I just never know what exactly will come back to me. Well yesterday, a great thing happened.

The company that owns my radio station just recognized 50 web pages nationwide that exhibit the most effective ways of involving listeners, and my Mix 102.9 page was one of them. It was an exciting day! My company has hundreds of great personalities who do a great job of using the internet, so to be included in such a small group is just amazing.

The great thing is, Angela's picture is on my personality page and I speak openly of our relationship in the blog that is part of that page. There is even a link on that page to my wild and crazy, gay Christian website (ha!). Even though I'm fearful at times about putting myself out there, God continues to find ways to embrace me. The fact that the company I work for is accepting, supportive, and rewarding is incredibly inspiring.

Good is so much more powerful than bad. Each time I get an email that questions my validity as a gay Christian and attempts to condemn me (the most recent one came last Thursday), I am simply reminded that I am indeed on the right path. God consistently finds ways to remind me that I am loved and accepted as I am, without hesitation and without fear. A fundamentalist would say that the recognition I received this week at work is nothing more than a fallen world's acceptance of my sin, but I know differently. These are real, thinking people who have found the compassion to accept me, and even to reward me for being who I am. They are secure enough in their own faith--whatever that faith may be--to believe me when I tell them the truth. And in return, I believe them.

There is an infinite amount of strength in unity. And for that I am grateful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you should be! I love reading your blogs and listening to you on the radio while doing so is a plus. Glad to be back. Your favorite fan.
Mom-inlaw

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen! That is fantastic!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home