Monday, December 11, 2006

What is faith?

A friend of mine last week mentioned this truth:

"Faith is not knowing that God can. Faith is believing that God will."

When you put it like that, my faith feels very very small. I often hope God will, but do I really wholeheartedly believe it? I'm glad that doubt is part of faith, because I sure do have a lot of that.

What about those times when our intentions are good, the things that we want are rooted in goodness, and yet God doesn't? We've all experienced disaapointment to varying degrees, and I suppose these times aren't so much unanswered prayers as they are reminders that we have to have patience. I'm feeling this in every nook and cranny in my life right now.

I suppose we just need to look at the history of God in our own lives and God in the world, to know that indeed God will. God has set our lives on certain paths, and as we continue to seek we will not be abandoned. God is good, and God will. I hope I can grasp that more fully this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home