Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Alliance for Marriage...That's SO Rad

Somehow I ended up on the Alliance for Marriage mailing list.

I probably subscribed on a whim one day...on the same day that I wondered whether or not I should also begin the self-torture of pulling out my own fingernails. I didn't start the appendage-torture, but I did subscribe to the hateful email list. But alas, it's a great way to stay informed about what they're up to over there on the radical right.

I received on of the emails earlier today. I've extracted some of my favorite phrases:

____________________________________________________________

RADICAL ACTIVISTS ARE SET ON DESTROYING MARRIAGE IN AMERICA

We are daily engaged in this serious fight for the future of our nation and it's only by making our voices heard that we can fully protect marriage for our children and grandchildren.

God bless you

___________________________________________________________________________

I've never really considered myself to be a radical activist before; just Jen. Jen who loves Angela and the schnauzers and God, and who just wants to go to work and be successful and do what small things she can to make the world a better place in that process. It would be nice to have full marriage rights. Maybe I really am RAD like that.

I don't get how that destroys anyone else's marriage, or why those marriages should be protected from lil ole me. I don't have a gun. I do make a "killer" tequila lime chicken though. Would they like some? I'd be happy to share. I think their children and grandchildren would probably even enjoy it. The alcohol cooks out. It's harmless and delicious.

About the last part...."God Bless You..."

Thank you. God has done so immensely.

And may God Bless you too, Alliance for Marriage.

Remember, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home