Monday, March 12, 2007

The last big push...

It's time to finish my second book. It's been sitting at about 150 pages for a few months now, and I haven't had the time to dive back into it to finish editing, sprinke with personal anecdotes, or expand certain thoughts. But now is the time.

Saturday night Angela and I watched the Dixie Chicks' documentary, Shut Up and Sing. I don't know if that inspired me, or if I would have had the urge anyway, but after the movie I just sort of instinctively walked into our home office and pulled out the big white binder that holds the manuscript for the second book, and started reading and editing again. I hadn't looked at the manuscript for months prior to Saturday. Then at church on Sunday, my proof-reader extraordinaire came up to me and asked about the progress of the second book and mentioned how excited she was about it. In the same conversation Angela mentioned that she had just had a vision for the cover. Wow, okay. I can take a hint. Get to work! So here I go.

As I focus increasingly on this effort (without neglecting my real job), it becomes necessary to take a break from this blog. I hope you'll be here when I return! It shouldn't be long. And then hopefully we'll have something new and tangible to celebrate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back....
We miss your thoughts

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, can't wait for the new book! you go, souljah! :)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that must be one big push...

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home