Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Things that make a girl pray

Upcoming things to help me pray about if ya wanna:

3/28 - Coffee with Brady from Living Hope Ministries (from the ex-gay conference and previous blogs)
3/28 - Lunch with Pam Harris from CBS 11 (an infectious spirit that I'm only beginning to cultivate a friendship with and love to pieces)

5/6 - 2nd time hosting the GAYLA Prom

5/12 - SPCA Benefit at Sue Ellen's

Other things:

The Dallas Voice article on the ex-gay conference has turned out to be quite the undertaking. The editor has been helpful with his critiques and I know this will be a catalyst for growth, but right now it's hard. He's not a Christian so every time I trot out my gay Christian perspective he says he barfs, even though I only added it after repeated prompts to add more "Jen Austin". So now I'm having to re-write again. I understand his position because he knows his audience and he knows what he wants out of this article. I just wish I was better at delivering it. It's hard to write about conservative Christian ministry without addressing it from the liberal Christian side, but I will do my best and submit it again. The parts that I've written so far and have been happy with will go in the new book I'm working on now, so it hasn't been a total waste.

And...the girl who had committed to designing the cover for my first book backed out yesterday. But after whining about it for a few minutes and deciding to turn the belly-aching into prayer, a web-designer friend of mine came to mind and an incredibly loud "duh" started echoing in my head. I don't know why I didn't think of her sooner. She's reliable, talented, and she's a gay Christian so she understands the project. She immediately said yes. I guess it's just a matter of continuing to be flexible and trusting that there will always be a way through. My book editor backed out two months ago because of time constraints, but now I have two new editors that I trust and respect and have a great working relationship with, and I couldn't ask for a better situation. All of this has reinforced the idea that no matter who jumps off, this gravy train keeps on rollin'. Nestled in prayer of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home