Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm excited, scared, and a bit of a loon

My first book-signing is coming up on Sunday, and I really hope you can make it. The way I see it, we're all in this together and the more support we can provide for one another, the more good we can release in the world. I can't do it by myself! God will work through me, but you have to be there to catch the good vibes. ;-) I'll catch the ones coming from you too, I promise.

This book signing will be after each service at Cathedral of Hope in Dallas (5910 Cedar Springs), this Sunday October 1. First service starts at 9:00, and the book signing will follow in the Welcome Center right next to the bookstore at around 10:15. The second signing will follow the 11:00 service, so around 12:15. We'll stay until the last book is signed, which could be 12:16, but I hope I miss a little more NFL football than that. I'll even stay at church until halftime of the noon games if I have to. I don't say that often. ;-)

There will be a great opportunity to support an independent bookstore on October 14th. The Bookworm in Frisco, Texas is incredibly excited about the book, and they have asked Mix 102.9 to come out for a promotional visit just ahead of the book signing. The more we support them, the more they will be able to do in the future. Mix will be there on the 14th from 4-6pm, and my book signing will be from 6-8pm. The people who own the store are fantastic, and even if you can't make it to see them on the 14th, I hope you'll stop by their store anytime you need a book of any sort. The big chain stores are nice, but this store is a true original that deserves our support.

Both of these upcoming events are an opportunity to support a movement that is all about helping others and inspiring them to own the faith. For more information you can always visit http://jenaustin.com. Your support is invaluable.

Sincere thanks for all the help so far. Quite frankly, all of this makes me nervous, and I've asked myself numerous times why I can't just sit on the couch and watch the world pass me by. It would be so much easier. And safer. But then I pray, and I realize that "safe" is exactly where I don't want to be. God is much happier when I'm out on a limb and dangling before a pack of wolves, because it's then that I have to trust God the most. So here I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home